The journey begins with an encounter. Sometimes the encounter happens as a gradual realization of the wonder of Jesus Christ. Other times it comes more tumultuously. A personal encounter with Jesus Christ, when we respond with faith, results in an ongoing relationship. This relationship - through the events of our lives - is what we call a journey. If the encounter and journey are genuine, they are sure to include convictions and experiences clearly described in the Bible:
- We worship God as our creator and loving Father (Matthew 6:25-34).
- We humble ourselves as we realize how we have offended God and other people (Luke 18:9-14).
- We return love to Christ for the sacrificial love he demonstrated by giving his life so we could be forgiven and restored to God (Romans 12:1).
- We turn from ignoring and dishonoring God and ask for the help of the Holy Spirit to living in renewal ways (Acts 3:19).
- We carefully examine the Bible to discover truth about God, ourselves, and our world (2 Timothy 3:15-17).
- We join with others in a church for mutual help and support as we follow the resurrected Lord Jesus (Ephesians 4:15-16).
- We learn to pray (Luke 11:1-13), learn to live by the truths of the Bible (James 1:22), and discover abilities God has given us to use in his service (I Corinthians 12:7).
The following audio file (also available on CD) contains a message in which our pastor, Dr. Bruce Chouinard, tells us about his journey. Like many people, he came from a family with its own share of difficulties. But Pastor Chouinard had an encounter with Jesus Christ that would dramatically change the course of his life.
Please click on the title ("Unanticipated Rescue") or the "PLAY" button (the blue arrow) to listen to this personal journey.
Key Speaker: Pastor Bruce Choiunard